Monday, December 05, 2005

We're here

Hello everyone,
After moving into our own apartment, Carrie and I are finally able to join you guys. We tried to get on at our parent's houses but 1) they are far too slow (logans) and 2) they would not accept the cookies (riordans). But here we are. So Carrie and I have an apartment in a wonderful residental neighborhood just a few miles away from downtown Albany. The apartment needed a little work so rather than sitting at home waiting, we came and are painting a few rooms and windows. We have been at it for 4 days and will hopefully finish today. Then we can at least continue to move our stuff around. The apartmen tis great and the landlord, who lives downstairs, to about our age and fun...although he is quite a talker. I will send some pictures soon. We are very happy to be in our pwn place and have one location to call home. The job search continues. Carrie has a lead on a job/intership as a photographer with the state legislature. It goes until June and then teh possibility for a permanent positions. I have an interview on Thursday as a math teacher (spring semester only) at a very well known all-girls boarding school. I have to learn how to teach a AP statistics class before my interview. I also have some applications with the DEC (which would be great) and a few other engineering firms. It will be nice when we have a typical daily schedule. Well I have to go paint. Talk to you later.

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it! Can't wait to see pictures.

    Good luck with all the job stuff and have fun settling in. The first few days in a new neighborhood is my favorite part about moving.

    ReplyDelete