Friday, September 30, 2005

Wool


We took our first wool class last night. Spinning wool is not as easy as it looks!
I am still up for having some sheep some day, though.
Chris took on the loom. I think he is going to weave a tartan. Or maybe a "mug rug".
I was reading about the NYS Wool and Sheep Festival and the Cornell Sheep Program when I came across this cool idea- using wool as insulation for buidings. They claim no more "sick building syndrome" and its much healthier. Very interesting. http://www.goodshepherdwool.com/ Wool is cozy and useful!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool!

    I’m jealous thinking about the need to wear wool at this point in the year. I miss fall in CNY… When you get sheep are you going to have a sheep dog? Or is Maple up for herding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maple has only "herded" sheep once in her beagle life. And it was accidental - we were at a farm in KY and she let out a howl and all of the sheep huddled together in a little group.
    We will have to find a sheepdog or collie I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete