Saturday, April 07, 2007

Follow-up to Camera Post

Here is the information Dad provided me about the camera flash. I have to be honest I don't know much about the electronics lingo...

"Below is the website that I found for the strobe information. The
plans called for a 103D SCR that is used for the strobe that works
with the amplifying circuit that you make yourself.

If you use a cassette recorder that has a monitoring system that uses
an earphone, you can use a 106B SCR. I found these SCR's to be more
common than the 103D.

I also put a RCA jack in the back of the camera so I can use a regular
patch cord to make the connection from the strobe to the amplifier. Of
course, you could solder the wire directly to the contacts in the
camera and have this wire connect directly into the cassette recorder
using a mini-phone jack."

http://hiviz.com/tools/triggers/makeown.htm#st

2 comments:

  1. NOW I understand, its based on sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:54 PM

    There was a fantastic exhibit about this technique at the MIT museum. If anyone is gonna be in the Boston, it's well worth a walk over the bridge to Cambridge to check that place out.

    ReplyDelete