Monday, February 27, 2006

Share and share alike:

There are lots of very interesting and original pictures/videos/writings/thoughts, etc. posted to this blog for all the world to see. Not that mine are, or that anyone will ever necessarily want to use any of my pics or vids elsewhere, but just in case, I do give my permission; every post/pic/video/etc that I've added to this blog in the past, as well as in the future (unless otherwise noted) can be used under the general terms of the Creative Commons license linked below:


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike2.5 License.

3 comments:

  1. You fiend. You're gonna use Microsoft's fallback to appropriate public use?

    All of the pictures I post here are copyright to me, and are only intended to be viewed by people subscribed to this blog, and they are only allowed to look at it once (blinking counts as 2 looks!)

    Anything else I post is MIT/X licensed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started thinking about this a few weeks ago... My folks got a call from some dude who's writing a book about the 1995 Five Ponds blow-down. He got our names from a ranger in Ray Brook I guess who was looking at the logbooks and reports about the airlift rescues. He wants our story, and also our pictures of the event for his book. My cousin had a camera so we have good shots of the immediate aftermath, as well as our slog out and some helicopter/aerial shots. He offered to send us a free copy of the book in exchange for the right to use the story and pics. Unfortunately, the pics are not mine to give, were taken by my cousin. What would you do in this instance? Just give up the pics, stipulate conditions? Give for free or offer to sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it was me I would give up the pics for free as long as they are properly credited. I think if they can get you to sign a photo release they are free and clear to use the photos however they want (without proper credit). But obviously you still need your cousins permission. It would be cool to have a book to document your experience.

    In high school I wrote in to a sailing magazine who included my comments in an article. Then a publisher contacted me about putting a book together from that series of articles, and said they would give me a free book. Never got the damn book.

    ReplyDelete