Saturday, February 04, 2006

Project Finished and other stuff





Hello all, I wanted to post some pictures of my project that I just finished. Since Christmas, Carrie and I have been in the sewing mood. We received a very old (antique) sewing machine from the 1910's from my great-aunt and have been using it to make various projects. I made some reusable shopping bags and a backpack for my nephew. But I just finished my cloak and , if I do say so myself, looks great. It is made of 35% wool felt on the outside and some blanket-like cotton material on the inside. The symbol on the back is my ancestor’s family crest. It is from Ireland and is for the O'Riordan family. I wore it around today and got many great comments. Check it out!!On a different note, the outside door for our apartment (to the house) has been decorated and will be each month. Last month was a Christmas wreath while this month is a feather boa heart created by our downstairs neighbors. It certainly makes our door distinctive.

Enjoy the pictures, Kevin

3 comments:

  1. Apparently you have no dress codes at work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very crafty! I am impressed with your excellent workmanship! Did you attach the details with your machine or by hand?

    Give my regards to Mr. Frodo next time you see him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details were held together by a heat activated glue (activated by an iron) an dthen the perimeter was held by the machine. There is nothing that needed to be hand stitched except the buttons on the front.

    As for a dress code, I wore it out to the store on Saturday but have not yet worn it to work.

    ReplyDelete